Being all into Paris Fashion Week, which is happening at the moment, got me all french haunted. And what do I do when I get all Paris obsessed? I either watch a French movie and accompany it with a glass of red wine, decide all of a sudden to embrace my natural hair texture, paint my short nails cherry red (I do that either way actually), or get back to my ‘How to be Parisian wherever you are’ book (for the 20th time).
Since I know a few of the parts of the book by heart now, I wanted to share some of them with you, my elegantly cool and chic readers. I took some of my favorite excerpts from the book and I can guarantee that these tips can most certainly help you get a glimpse of those Parisian women. Also, help you steal some of that french attitude, that seems difficult but not impossible to posses.
Here you go:
- Find your perfume before you turn thirty. Wear it for the next thirty years.
- A successful evening often starts with a bottle of champaign.
- Treat yourself to some flowers to brighten up your apartment.
- A story should have a beginning, a middle and and an end, but not necessarily in that order.
- Go to the theater, to museums, and to concerts as often as possible; it gives you a healthy glow.
- You don’t have to spend a decade’s worth of salary on your wardrobe, or flaunt designer brands the whole time. All you need is one signature item: the one you wear when you need to feel strong.
- Own: jeans, men’s shoes, a small silk scarf, a long trench, and “the very simple, but very expensive T-shirt.
- Always look *****: when standing in line at the bakery on a Sunday morning, buying champagne in the middle of the night, or even picking the kids up from school. You never know.”
Á votre santé, to becoming, trés Parisienne.